Tuesday 11 June 2024

Monument Hobbies paint

 

I have been painting miniatures from about the age of 12, used many paints and styles, my hands and eyes are now a problem but that's just being human. I have a huge collection of paints I use , Foundry, Citadel, Vallejo, Army painter and many more. I like new ideas and even now how to paint a miniature U Tube collections, you can always learn something new. 

Louise Sugden of Rouge Hobbies recently on the Element games site, showed off her collection from the Monument Hobbies paint collection she picked 6 colors and gave a demo of the colors and use. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FICoYpxBhb4 worth a look. 

Intrigued and like new things I ordered a set and a few more to try. 

The paints come in a large pot 22m so first value for money, the bottle has some thing new a screw top that opens the tip for the paint to be dropped off a good idea, there is also a mixing ball to clear the liquid. I tested my new purchase and found some things to avoid, Don't use a wet pallet unless you paint faster than me the color will defuse fast, I got a cheap wax page artist pallet that works brilliant the colors stay a long time so any mixing is easy. 

The paint  covers very well and is constant leaving a smooth result, I have since purchased a few more colors for my ease of painting but Louise is right you can make any color using her collection, they mix and work very well I found them a joy to use. even my extended painting style. The white is amazing and is a hard color, I found the Flesh  collection to be really good the flesh wash is one of the best I have used. 

Louise  collection are extremely bright and strong , Bismuth Yellow is a great highlight but can be used to mix or create some good combinations. Bright Green again is strong and a good mixer to any green. Dark Hot Pink fills a gap I don't have in my collection the color is very strong. Dark Turquoise for me is a use all as it mixes giving some very variable tones when mixed with others. Orange Red is a top color a highlight or to add to other Reds or Yellows, to make browns and darker colors. Finally Ultramarine is a shade to mix or use as a blue color on many things.

From the others as I have only tried a few shine out Ivory, Dark warm grey and Dark silver, the silver and Gold are also extremely  constant. 

Impression the paint is very good, it works theirs no mixing problems, no clogged paint, it drys good and works using washes and mixes. As I said I enjoyed using the paint, makes life easy and above all works. I painted up some Darkoth Characters using only the paint, I was happy even with my bad hands and eyes the result was what I wanted.

The Above is my thoughts and people please as try them out if interested.

Be safe...



1 comment:

  1. I love this paint range mate. I find Louise's colour choices very sci fi leaning to be honest.

    But the whole paint range is great. Good coverage and fluidity.

    They do need a good agitate with the ball if you want to use them on a wet palette as straight out of the bottle the medium overtakes the pigment a little.

    As life changing as Scale75 paints? That's a firm "probably sir"

    Stay well and I'll see you at BOYL.

    ReplyDelete