I have always had an interest in the Ottoman armies of the 1800, many years ago an article in a war games magazine related to the demise of the Janissary's in the empire and the battles fought, I ended with a bayonet charge and that was that. The Perry's released a metal range of the 1800 Ottomans and I was taken by the whole thing. At the May Partisan Mr Dave Thomas brought me and order and it was quite large, I also acquired the 2 wonderful books on the period. So I planned what and how to paint up the army so it could be used in the revolt and for other games, took me about 6 weeks to complete the units based and sorted. Other hobby worked into my world and I decided this week to try a game, I have a lot of war games rules and while sorting out I found my 2nd Edition copy of "Sword and flame", I played the 1st edition back in the 80s and always considered it a good fun game, So out came my war game board put 2 armies together to test out the game, a simple face to face stand up fight. The Sultans army engaging the rebel Janissary no Cavalry and about 6 units per side. The card activation and firing I fondly remember as the game progressed it random unit move and fire ans make for a good interesting game, the Sultans forces at first took a beating but as the game continued they withered down the Janissary till they could no longer operate and the game went to them, good fun and enjoyable a bit rusty but the system for me works fine.
Be safe my friends
They look great and it sounds like a fun game.
ReplyDeleteMy friends and I were just talking about The Sword and the Flame the other day. We played that with Airfix figures and the paint flaking off at least 4 decades ago. Glad to see you had fun with these classic rules.
ReplyDeleteDR WALE I want to appreciate you for all the good things you did for my family. My parents have been having issues settling themselves, but nothing seems to be working for them. they separated and that gave us the children's some much harder time. We want to see our both parents back together, so we had to contact DR WALE because DR WALE was the man that helped my sister to settle in her marriage when she had an issue with her husband. So, we contacted DR WALE to see if he can bring our parents together. When we reached out to him, He asked us how long our parents have been separated. We told him for SIX years. He said that isn't a problem. After everything was done. We discovered that it was our mother's best friend that did everything to see that our parents weren't together. But all thanks to DR WALE our parents are finally back together. We are united as one big family now. If your parents are divorce and you want them back together DR WALE is the best man to contact. You can contact DR WALE Via WhatsApp OR Viber: +2347054019402 OR Email: drwalespellhome@gmail.com
ReplyDelete